It’s easy to find comfort in familiarity. This is why so many of us decide to stick to our current phones. Even the idea of moving from iPhone to iPhone is scary enough for some. Well we’re here to help simplify your switch, so you can feel at home when using your new phone.
iPhone to iPhone
Apple’s migration system is clean and simple making it very tempting to stick to the Apple ecosystem.
- Place the old and new iPhone together.
- Automatically, the older iPhone will prompt a data migration.
- Pair the devices by taking a photo of the pattern on the new phone.
- Enter the passcode of the old iPhone.
- Choose how you’d like your data to be transferred over.
Android to iPhone
Android has also made the move to iPhone relatively seamless.
- Get the “Move to iOS” app on your Android device.
- Go to the “Apps & Data” screen on your new iPhone. Then tap “Move data from Android”.
- Then open the “Move to iOS” app on your Android.
- Once you’ve agreed to the terms and conditions, you’ll come across a code prompt. A code will then appear on your iPhone.
- Choose what you want to move over, then proceed.
iPhone to Android
As there are many types on Android devices and methods to transfer data, the best way I found was to actually get started on your Google account. For Apple fanatics, a Google Drive account is very similar to the iCloud. This is beneficial to you not just in this one-time transfer but also for future migrations.
- Download Google Drive on your iPhone
- Once you’ve got your Google account set-up. Select “settings”, followed by “back up”.
- Choose the files you want, then begin the back up process.
- The moment you turn on your Android, you will be prompted to sign-in with your Google account. All the files you’ve backed up will be transferred to your new Android device.
Android to Android
Thanks to the brains at Google, you can also apply the same Google Drive backup and transfer method when migrating from Android to Android.
- If you don’t already have a Google account, set one up on your older Android device.
- Go to Google drive, then “settings”, followed by “back up”
- Select the files you want and begin the back up process.
- Sign-in with your Google account.
Manufacturers have come a long way in ensuring seamlessness in data migration as a way to minimise the effort consumers go through when getting a new phone. This is because the data we have on our phones are often more valuable than the phone itself. Now that you know how easy it is to transfer data from phone to phone, you can get a pre-owned one for less! We’re having specials all Raya featuring extra low prices on the iPhone 8 and iPhone 11.